I am senior citizen (66Yrs). I am having total interest income of 275000/-. Out of which i am investing Rs 75000/- in 80C instrument. Also for previous financial year 2010-11 my taxed paid is Nil (as it was below the limit). Can i fill form 15H for FY 2011-12 ?

Admin’s Response:

There is no income tax payable in your case upto an income of Rs. 2.50 lacs. You can file Form 15 H so that there is no tax deduction on your interest income.