Our housing loan is on Joint name, first name is my wife & second is myself. ECS clearing of loan installments are from my a/c, i had claimed in my form-16. My wife is also working women, if she paid directly principle amount to housing loan company by separate Cheque, can she claim this in her form-16

Admin’s Response:

She can avail the deduction u/s Section 80 C on repayment of the principal amount. It is irrelevant if she pays directly or through bank account as long as the transaction is authentic.