Long term capital gain
1)How would one prove cost of improvement without bills? The changes were made in 1981-1982. Will a builder be able to give an estimate for that time and will that help the case? Where to find such builder?
2)Can lawyer fees be included? The person had to fight in court for years to claim his right.
3)Is it appropriate to include airfare as expenditure? The person had to fly to India from US twice – costing him over Rs. 1,00,000- to settle the deal.

Admin’s Response:

Answering your questions in order:
1) Contact and architect or registered valuer for this.
2) Not allowed.
3) Not admissible.