can u plz tell the detail procedure of online rectification in Income Tax? Does we have to re-upload the return of income? Actually the assessee has paid the S.A. tax on 30.09.11 but the challan was not provided by the bank & he has filed the return as tax payable. Now how to file the rectification online?

Admin’s Response:

Wherever the returns are filed online, the rectification is also done online. You have to login to your profile. There is an option for ‘rectification’ and the rest of the procedure is self explanatory as you proceed. There is no provision to file a revised return for this.