I have filed it return for the assessment year 2009-10 in June 2009. There is no due in tax. I have now found out that I have inadvertently omitted some interest income on which tax has also been deducted at source. Can I file a revised return? Even after including this there would not be any additional tax payable by me. Is there any last date for filing revised return?

Thanks and regards


Admin’s Response:

You can file the revised return in this case. The assessing officer will have to regularize the same by issuing notice under Section 148 as per the IT provisions.