I am salaried.Can I get tax exemption on the registration charges which I have paid to purchase my property.

Admin’s Response:

In case the registration charges are paid out of loan taken from bank then you can get exemption from the salary income on account of its interest payment on this loan u/s 24 of income tax and/or on its principal amount-repayment u/s 80 C of the income tax act. There is no provision for taking exemption of this amount directly from your salary.